System Update 5 December 2023
An updated version of the Get Information about Schools (GIAS) service has been released to all users. You do not need to take any specific action unless otherwise indicated below.
This release includes the following improvements:
- bug fixes and fine-tuning to improve the overall user experience, including:
- amend references of Find School and College Performance to Compare School and College Performance
- for those who use the bulk update governance template the addition of two new columns: original chair of trustees and original signatory member have been added. These are for a new group type that is being added to GIAS and is not applicable to existing establishments or groups that have governance
1. Office for National Statistics (ONS) updates
An update to the geo spatial fields that are updated from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) quarterly will be undertaken soon. We will let users know once this work is completed.
2. Establishment users – email addresses
The main establishment email address field and the alternative establishment email address field (if applicable) must contain an up-to-date, valid, and actively monitored email address. There should be no personal establishment email address or personal email address added to these fields.
The headteacher email address field must contain an up-to-date, valid, and actively monitored work email address for the headteacher/principal/manager (as applicable).
GIAS support team